Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

She loves the theatre but never comes late



An icon of mine, the undisputed maestro of the New Romantic era, Steve Strange would have been 60 today!

Born just up the road from moi in South Wales, the former Mr Harrington was obsessed with art and fashion from a young age. Via the punk explosion, he met Glenn Matlock and Malcolm McLaren, so it was probably inevitable he would end up heading for the bright lights of London - and within a short time, he was "the face" of his own club (Blitz, with Rusty Egan), was selected (by the man himself) to appear in David Bowie's Ashes to Ashes video, and with his hastily-assembled band Visage [and that video, of course] had a worldwide hit that influenced myriad bands who followed.

By way of a tribute, I have found something even I never heard/saw before - and it's faboo!


Rodgers and Hart would approve, I'm sure.

Stephen John Harrington (28th May 1959 – 12th February 2015)

Post a Comment

0 Comments