Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cherry Blossoms

I've always loved how tea can transport us to far-off lands.

Cherry Blossom Organic Green Tea by Lemon Lily
"One sip and you'll be whisked away to Kyoto for the Cherry Blossom festival." 
(From: Lemon Lily)

I sipped the tea from the "Kimono" teacup that Lyn sent me at the 2016 spring teacup exchange.  I'm not usually a fan of floral teas, but I enjoyed this pleasant tea with a hint of cherry flavour.

Since I couldn't physically travel to Japan to enjoy their cherry blossoms, I went to the next best thing: Centennial Park in the Valley.

Taken in April 2017
In 2014, thirty-seven cherry trees were planted at Centennial Park in honour of Hamilton's missionary, Martha Cartnell, who overcame barriers to female education in 19th century Japan and founded Toyo Eiwa Jogakuin--the first school for girls in Japan.

Taken April 2017
The Toyo Eiwa Jogakuin School's generous gift of cherry trees symbolize the students and alumni's gratitude to Martha Cartnell for her legacy's incredible impact on generations of girls and women in Japan.

"Expressing Our Adoration and Appreciation With These Cherry Trees" 
(Toyo Eiwa Jogakuin - 130th Anniversary Year in 2014)


I'm joining the following parties this week:

Post a Comment

0 Comments