Today I have a feathery manicure to share with you. On a recent visit to a local drugstore, a little L.A. Colors beauty caught my eye and I was really itching to try it out. What can I say, I'm a sucker for flakie shimmer and not ashamed to admit it. It just calls to me. I paired it with some simple stamping for this look...
For the manicure, I started out with a base of Nicole by OPI Love Song and topped it off with one coat of L.A. Colors Magical. Using Essence White Stampy Polish, I stamped the feathers from UberChic plate ÜC 2-02. Finally, using Orly Mirrorball to add extra sparkle, I accented the quill and a few of the feather vanes.
If the above description doesn't make sense, I made a 1st attempt at a video that you can check out at the end of this post and I would LOVE your critical feedback on it...
My camera (and I) had the hardest time focusing, but I tried for a closeup...
A few swatches for you that I took along the way.
This is two coats of Nicole by OPI Love Song topped by one coat of L.A. Colors Magical. It really is magical...
Ah, those flakies!...
I initially tried out Magical on it's own, hoping that it would provide good coverage, but even at three coats as shown below, it was much too sheer for my liking. I tend to shy away from sheer shades such as these because as my nails get longer, I hate to see the nail line visible at around 1/3rd of my nail. That's personal preference though. When my nails are shorter and the free edge is not so long, it doesn't bother me as much.
A quick swatch of Nicole by OPI Love Song on it's own. A beautiful lavender cream with a smooth formula. Two coats for full coverage as seen below. I would point you in the direction of the original swatch & review of Love Song, part of the NOPI Selena Gomez collection, but sometimes I cringe looking at old swatches so I thought a fresh one was in order... :)
Ok, finally here comes the video. My very first attempt at a video. It's quick, just shy of 1 minute because I made it with the intention of posting on Instagram (@WackyLaki if you choose to follow). You're the first to see it though and I would love to know what you think of it. Do you like seeing quick snippets of the bottles & stamping plates used for the mani? Or do you prefer to just see the mani making in action with the polishes/tools used in the description?
Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)
** Some polishes and products were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **













0 Comments