Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Happy Homemaker Monday

It seems like ages since I have joined in with Happy Homemaker Monday, so as I sit here at my computer waiting for my son's once-a-week email, I decided to join in


The weather outside is...
Mostly sunny with a few clouds.  It is about 81 degrees where I live.

On the dinner table this evening...
Leftover vegetarian pizza. One of the advantages of being "empty nesters" is that a family size pizza will last two meals!

As I look out my window...
I see the lemon tree in my back yard, laden with yellow fruit.  Looks like its time for some fresh lemonade.

Right now I am...
Multi-tasking.  I am waiting for my son Joshua's weekly email from Mexico while writing this post and also finishing up a paper for a college class that Charly and I am taking.

As I look around the house...
I have a card table up in the family room where I was wrapping presents last night and will continue doing so later tonight.  I still have gifts to get in the mail to grown children and grandchildren who live in different states.  In the living room, the trees are up, the lights are on and everything looks very  festive.

On today's to-do list...
Finishing that paper for tomorrow night's class  (done), wrapping more presents, doing some laundry, folding and putting closes away, finishing up the last of the Christmas cards

Happening this week...
Quiz for the class we are taking, big after-school meeting, Christmas package mailing, baptism for a friend's son

Currently reading...
Lost December by Richard Paul Evans.  It is described as being a "modern-day holiday version of the biblical story of the prodigal son, a powerful tale of redemption, hope, and the true meaning of love." I hope I like it as well as the last book I read, 52 Little Lessons from A Christmas Carol.

On TV...
Last night I watched the Christmas Devotional from Temple Square in Salt Lake City.  It had some wonderful Christmas music and messages just right to get me in the mood for this wonderful season. I would like to watch a Christmas movie tonight, maybe "A Christmas Carol" while I wrap more presents.

From the camera...

Our newest Christmas ornament.

I love this beautifully simple nativity scene at the Gilbert Temple.

This awesome surprise showed up in my Facebook feed this afternoon, courtesy of the mother of another missionary serving with Josh. That is Josh, (a.k.a. Elder Jones) over on the left end of the picture.  It was sure good to see him. We don't get many pictures from him, so this made my day!

My scripture for this week:
"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."
~ Psalms 31:24

Some thoughts for the season:
















Post a Comment

0 Comments