Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hey, I actually replied for once! Also...kitchen question.

It's workday Friday, so of course I'm on the blog.
The boss and I have an arrangement...He inappropriately harasses me and I use the computer for my own private usage.
Just to be clear for  newcomers...I'm married to the boss {that could have been awkward}

As I've boringly told you before, our home computer is hijacked by a crack team of gremlins who have rendered our computer almost useless.
I can't google search without ending up on a selection of weird shopping sites and I can't reply to blog comments or leave comments.
It has defeated me.
I'll get all excited and leave a comment on someone's blog post and think "Yes!  This time it's working" only for it to fail to show up.
I apologise if for some reason it has worked and you've ended up with five identical comments from me on your post.

Anyhoo, I used my time very wisely this morning to reply in the comments section to all your lovely thoughts about embarking upon the building of the Good Ship Chez Joy {thank you Mise, love that expression}.  I am so excited/ relieved that we can workshop this together.

We meet with Gus the Gorgeous Architect this Sunday for the first set of drawings {squeal!}
But, in the meantime, I have a quandary which I'm hoping you can solve for me.
I'm trying to work out a budget {hence forth pronounced boo-zhay as it sounds friendlier}for the kitchen.
Once I have the colour scheme sorted, I can then scour the interwebs for the best price on everything, therefore, I want to give myself as much time as possible.

Here's the question:

Do we go with dark cabinetry with pale countertops





{thinking that scuff marks won't show so readily in this scenario}

OR

Dark grey countertop with white cabinetry



OR

 a mix of both?


OR!! {to completely confuse the issue}:


This is Gwynnie's kitchen in the Hamptons.
Hmm, that floor would do my head in.
I know this for certain because I already live with a kitchen floor like this and it is responsible for 80% of the wobbly chucks from me in our house.

I'm basing the design of the kitchen on this:


I'm sure you recognise this famous kitchen from The House that A-M Built.
I'm not having the end shelf on the island because we all know that it will not look like hers....it will be a repository for all manner of lego blocks, drink bottles and school notes.  


Our floors will probably be a dark wood finish.
For everyone's sake.

I know we're talking First World problems.  I get that.
But can we just agree to have a few chats guilt-free?

Love you  more than my new Barclay Butera book {which is awfully good BTW, but you guys are better},

Meredy xo

p.s.  I'm going to try and sneak on my  mum's computer in between her tenth watching of her boxed set of West Wing and reply asap.  I think Mum might need a 12 step programme to wean her off West Wing...she says things like "That is just typical CJ!  She's is so authentic."




Post a Comment

0 Comments