Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Swinging On the Deck Overlooking the Forest

the swing is beautifully made and it's threaded through the beams


One of my favorite features of the new cabin is the swing that's out on the deck.  It is so freeing to sit there and swing, enjoying the view of the gorgeous trees and mountains.  On my way home from the library last night, I noticed a young girl swinging in her front yard.  It was so sweet to watch her.  You don't see that as much anymore.  Most people seem to spend a lot of time glued to their phones.



I don't know the names of all of the trees up there yet.  This one is one of my favorites.  It's so delicate.  I had never seen it until I moved up to Wrightwood.  The shade of green and the soft, light texture makes me marvel at nature's artistry. 



This is the sun room.  The couch is SO comfortable, and it folds out into a bed.  The one by the fireplace also makes into  a bed.  I guess if I ever have trouble climbing stairs, I can just sleep by the fire.  The seller told me that she used to sit in this room and do jigsaw puzzles, while  watching the snow fall.  It has a   large picture window.  I will probably recline on the comfy sofa and knit. It's so plush and soft; it makes me want to take a nap.  I'm terrible at jigsaw puzzles.  The thought of doing one completely stresses me out...the pieces are so small, and there are so many of them.  Maybe I'll give it a try, anyway.  She left some up in the guest room.  There are also several board games.  I don't have internet up there, and I may keep it that way.   


There are several birdhouses out on the deck.  I love the different shapes and styles.  There is a huge stash of bird seed in the pantry.  I'm not sure if I will feed them; I don't want to attract rodents.  I'll leave them up for decoration.  The attention to detail in the decor really impresses me.  It's so special. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear.  They are moderated.  

Post a Comment

0 Comments