Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gluten-Free No-Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies with Quinoa Flakes






Have I got a Faux for you.

My last cookie post stirred up a veritable stew of feelings. From oat-loving high fives and boogie till the cows come home oatmeal cookie bliss, to very sad, That's okay, I'll sit this one out in the corner moping. Because oatmeal? It's not for everyone. Apparently, oats can sometimes be unkind to certain sensitive celiac tummies. They are high in fiber. Which messes with some folks. And others believe the trouble starts with its globulin or legume-like protein called avenalin. Some think it's the "soluble" fiber factor. Other gluten-free diet centrics believe that the prolemine in oats called avenin triggers a celiac-like response. Or that oats are too often contaminated during the harvesting process. The debate rages on. And I'm no scientist, I'm sorry to tell you, so I'll sit this one out. 

But that does not mean, Darling, that I am not motivated to figure out an alternative to oats in such a classic favorite.

Of course I had to play around with my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe. 

I couldn't leave my oat-shunning peeps out in the cold without a chewy golden cookie of their own. I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. I stirred up some quinoa flakes, quinoa flour, sorghum flour, organic brown sugar, oil, and chocolate chips and guess what?

I think you know what.

In fact (shhh- don't tell those lucky oatmeal cookie folks), this cookie is even better than its oatmeal cousin. It is, I swear, my new favorite cookie. I am Patsy Cline Crazy about it.

Quinoa flakes rock.

Bake On, my peeps.

Karina xo

Read more »

Post a Comment

0 Comments