Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Earthtones - When Reality Hits

Second batch made....almost done!
These blocks are really starting to come together although I still have not made enough yet. When I was constructing this last batch of blocks I had two stacks laid out on my sewing table - one for 4-patches and one for 16-patches. After sewing many of them together, I grabbed a 4-patch and went to add a 16-patch to it and I didn't have any left.

Are these extra??? Nope...still have lot of blocks to make!
My first thought (hope) was that I had made way too many 4-patches and that I would have extra to go into a parts bin for another quilt. Well, after I sewed all of the blocks together and I took a tally I realized that I am really short in the 16-patch department! After doing some calculations, I know where I went wrong and that was when I made up the twosies to turn into the 16-patches. I had 748 pieces in my mind and that is how many twosies I made. The reality is that I actually needed many more than what I had made!! I looked back at this previous post and got a refresher on where I had left off with this project. Blogging sure does help with keeping accurate records of each project I work on. The only change I am going to make is that I will be making it 10 x 12 instead of 10 x 13 and that will have the quilt finish at 80" x 96" - I think that is big enough. So, I have added this batch of 47 blocks to the 32 that I had previously made and I still need to make 41 more. Well, the good news is that I have enough 4" 4-patches made.....

Happy birthday to my youngest son, Eric. He turns 22 today!! When Eric was born my husband and I were thinking that we might want a third child and we decided that on Eric's first birthday we would make our decision.  Eric was and still is a joy but as he was attacking his first birthday cake my husband and I both looked at each other and said "uhn uhh" no more. Eric was quite the handful right from birth - a real go-getter - he pulled himself up into a standing position 10 days after he turned 6 months old and started walking on his own when he was 8 months old (as did his older brother Adam). Eric has turned into a wonderful young man and we couldn't be prouder!

Post a Comment

0 Comments